Last week was the end of our 3 month strength cycle. I hope ALL of you were as pleased with the results as I was. I saw tremendous gains in strength, technique, endurance and could not be more proud.
During the next phase of our training we will be focusing on the upcoming 2018 CrossFit Games Open. The Open runs from February 22nd to March 26th. Our programming will prepare you for the 5 Open workouts by targeting key components seen in The Open. These components will be, but are not limited to,
1. Maintaining your overall strength gains from the last cycle
2. Increasing your work capacity (building a stronger engine)
3. Improving your gymnastics skills
4. Refining your Olympic lifts
The Open is not just for elite athletes. It has many divisions (RX, Scaled, Masters, Teens) and is for EVERYONE. This is a time that we come together as a community and HAVE FUN!! I hope everyone will participate.
Again, congratulations to all of you who stuck with the programing. Keep up the hard work!
A) Back squat
E2MOM 8 (4 sets)
5 back squats at 70%, 75%, 80%, 85%
* Percentages are based off your TRUE 1RM (not training 1RM) that you found during our last strength cycle.
B) 2 rounds
15/12 cal row
20 jumping pull ups (chin over bar)
25 wallballs (20/14)
C) For time